Super Easy Roasted Chicken
Stick and Ladle
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned and patted dry
- Melted margarine for basting
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup calamansi juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ cups softdrinks 7-up or sprite
- 4 lemongrass stalks
- 8 lemongrass stalks
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 stalks spring onion
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
HOW TO PREPARE:
- In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Mix well.
- Place the chicken inside a large resealable bag.
- Pour the marinade in the bag with the chicken. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and then stuff with fresh lemongrass, 3 bay leaves, green onion.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
- Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 10 minutes before serving.