BBQ Beef Ribs Recipe
Stick and Ladle
- 1kg spare ribs
- 1/2 cup pitted & halved fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 tbs mustard
- 1 lime, juiced and lime wedges, to serve
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Put ribs in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring the water to a gentle simmer (do not boil), partially covered for 1¼ -1½ hours. Drain.
- Make spicy cherry glaze. Combine cherries, sugar and apple juice in a frying pan and bring to the boil. Stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour into a bowl. Add chillies, dijon and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Place ribs in a large dish and pour over glaze, turn to coat. Marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Remove ribs from the glaze. Cook ribs on a pre-heated barbecue grill plate for 6 minutes turning often or until ribs are caramelised. Pour glaze into a saucepan, bring to the boil for 3 minutes. Pour into a bowl and serve with ribs and lime wedges.