Stick and Ladle
- 300g topside steak, lean, trimmed of excess fat and cut into cubes
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 6 baby onions, peeled
- 150g button mushrooms, left whole or halved if large
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 beef stock pot
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Heat oil in a large based pan and brown beef in batches and set aside. Lower heat and add onions and mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Stir in flour and tomato paste and cook gently for 1 minute.
- Return beef to pan and add red wine, hot water and stock pot and carrots. Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour, removing the lid for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with parsley.