Satisfy breadsticks craving with my healthy cheesy breadsticks alternative. It's gluten free, delicious and you can eat up to 6 slices but only get a little fat, carbs, calories. The cauliflower breadstick.
Cauliflower taste and smell doesn't really stand out because I roasted it, just like when I made the Cauliflower Mac & Cheese.
You can use any type of cheese you want, either a low fat cheese, parmesan or Mozzarella. Remember not to skip cheese and eggs because it’s them that holding it all together during the baking process.
Also check out these other quick, easy and delicious chicken recipes:
- 1lbs cauliflower, riced already
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt or a pinch
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella for Topping
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Marinara Sauce. In a pan, Pour the olive oil and heat this up over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until tender then next is the onion and u can add a pinch of salt then stir, next is the oregano and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Next is the tomato sauce, Simmer uncovered on low heat until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Set aside.
- First is to bake cauliflower rice for 8 minutes, when done in a bowl lined with linen towel place the cauliflower here and let it cool down a bit. Fold the towel holding by the ends and squeeze the liquid out of the cauliflower as hard as you can do this until barely any liquid comes out.
- Transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter, black pepper, oregano, 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella, salt, egg and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet lined with wax paper. Flatten with your hands into a rectangle, approximately 1/4 inch thick. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and parsley then bake again for another 5 minutes. When done, cut into 6 breadsticks.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce. Good for 1 person.