Chicken Tikka Masala
Guess who’s ready for an Indian recipe? So, I ordered this Garam Masala, basically it’s an Indian spice mix where the spices are lightly roasted and ground to a fine powder.
So this dish is called Garam Tikka Masala. It's chicken marinated in yogurt and fried then soaked in creamiest and flavourful sauce.
For busy and savvy moms/wives out there who want to cook this like very quick. You will be needing 2 burners and 2 pans. Speaking of pans, I made a review of a non stick pan, the Gotham Pan, Ring a bell? So you can check it here!
I'm using boneless and skinless chicken thighs but if you are a little more health conscious, you can use leaner chicken breast which is a great alternative, just remember not to overcook it or it will get tough
To reduce the time to cook the chicken. Pour hot water into the chicken and it will make the pieces soft tender.
Use evaporated milk for lower calories
Also check out these other quick, easy and delicious chicken recipes:
So here's our less than 20 minutes Chicken Masala, good for 2-3 people. So just adjust the portion based on the number of people you are cooking for.
- 400 grams boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoons garlic finely grated
- Parsley to garnish
- 3/4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt 1/4 tsp for this or more
- 1/4 cup water if needed
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 200 g tomato sauce
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Get the ziplock bag, pour the yogurt, turmeric powder, masala, cumin, ginger, garlic, salt then the chicken and paprika massage. Make sure all are mixed then marinate this for 10 minute to 6 hours or marinate it at night then cook it for lunch. or marinate in the morning or lunch then cook it for dinner.
- Transfer marinated chicken into a bowl. Pour hot water into the chicken. Set aside.
- For the sauce,get 1 pan and melt the butter. Fry the garlic add onion sauté for 1 minute until fragrant, then add garam masala, turmeric and cumin. Fry for about 10 seconds until fragrant just stir occasionally.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, chili powders and salt. Let simmer for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Okay while it's still simmering. Get the 2nd pan and fry the chicken, water is drained. Fry each side for 2-3 minutes. Done. Set aside.
- Back to the sauce and add evaporated milk and sugar then stir until all blended and mixed. Add the chicken and its juices for 4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. You can add water to thin