Quick Chicken Pho
Every rainy cold weather people crave for something hot and soupy and I must say Chicken Pho is the perfect comfort food for that since its easy to whip up. And this Pho Recipe will take shortcuts so we can save time. For the broth just pour water in a pot add chicken broth cube, do quick simmer with herbs and spices. But if you got more time to spend in kitchen and want to make it from scratch you can check out chicken broth recipe.
Also, if you're out of stock or do not have some of herbs, spices or other ingredients on your kitchen for this recipe. Believe it or not this one is super flexible, you can replace those missing ingredients just like what i did. For example.
I used parsely instead of cilantro sprigs, cummin seeds powder instead of coriander seeds, replaced cloves with allspice, lime to lemon and for rice noodles you can use any noodle you like. Im using glass noodles cos I love how it absorbs all the flavours while its soaked in the broth.
- 20 - 30 grams cooked glass noodles
- Lemon wedges
- Half Chicken broth cube
- 1 pod Star Anise
- 1/2 inch ginger (smacked this with the flat knife)
- 1 or half of Jallpeno thinly sliced
- Bean sprouts
- 1 medium green onion, cut 2 inches from the roots, greens cut thinly for garnishing.
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cummin seeds powder
- 1/2 tbsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 100 grams skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 - 4 cups water
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Toast the Blackpeppercorns, Allspice, cummin powder and star anise, for a minute until fragrant, then add ginger,stir until u can smell that soo soo nice aromatic stuffs.
- Then the 3 cups water first can add more later if you want to next is broth cube, chicken then simmer for 2-5 minutes until chicken is cooked. then remove chicken it should be firm.
- Add salt, fish sauce, sugar, onion and parsley. Cover and simmer the broth for 7 to 10 minutes. and while its still simmering slice the chiken.
- Arrange. Place the chicken on top of noodles, garnish with the chopped green onion, parsely, bean sprouts, jalapeno, lemon. Pour some broth dont forget to use strainer.
- Add more spring onions and broth, well u can add more if u want for me i keep some in pot so it stays hot longer
- Squeze lemon and it's ready to serve!
- This recipe is good for 1 person only. So you can use the adjust the portion based on the number of people you are cooking for. Again if you are unsure, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Its better to clarify then to cook too much and waste the food.
PS: This recipe is good for 1 person only. So you can use the adjust the portion based on the number of people you are cooking for. Again if you are unsure, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Its better to clarify then to cook too much and waste the food. Remember, 1 person's food waste is another person's meal.
Also check out these other quick, easy and delicious Chicken Recipes: