Roast Rolled Pork Loin
Stick and Ladle
- 1 kg rolled pork loin
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 tbs sage, chopped
- 100g figs, finely chopped
- 1 tbs sherry
- 1/2 tbs oil
- 1/2 tbs Saxa natural sea salt flakes
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Preheat oven to 220 c. Get pork and lay flat, rind side up. Wipe rind with paper towel.
- Score pork skin at 1cm intervals. Turn pork over and wipe with paper towel.
- Combine orange rind and juice, chopped sage, salt and pepper. Rub meat with orange mixture. Combine figs, orange juice and sherry and spread over meat. Roll up pork firmly. Tie with cooking string to secure.
- Rub skin with oil and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Place pork onto a rack in a large greased baking dish.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 200°c. Roast pork for a further 1 hour.