Pork Roast (Juicy Meat & Crackling Skin)
Stick and Ladle
- 1 Kilo of Pork Belly
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp seasoning
- 1 red onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks lemon grass
- 2 stalks spring onions
- 4pcs of star anise and 1 chopped red onion for steaming
- kitchen twine
- water for steaming
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and seasoning then rub throroughly all over the top of the meat.
- Spread the onion and garlic .
- Arrange the scallions and lemon grass. Roll the side where you had the lemongrass all the way to the opposite side .
- Tie the rolled pork belly using kitchen twine to secure the rolled pork belly. Done.
- Prepare for steaming,pour 1 cup of water in a pot add 3 crushed star anise and 1 slice red onion.
- Now steam the rolled pork belly for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes let it cool a bit then rub some salt into skin. Preheat oven to 350F. Put the rolled pork belly in a pan then roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Done. Serve and Enjoy!