Sticky Oven Barbequed Ribs
Today's recipe will have ribs as the main ingredient, a juicy, tender and incredibly flavourful rib that is so easy to make and so addictive! You can use either short ribs, spare ribs, beef or pork back ribs in this recipe.
Take note, the difference between baby back ribs and spareribs are the size, cooking time, and fat content. Baby back ribs are leaner and more tender while spareribs are fattier and tougher. So if you're gonna use spare ribs just adjust the cooking time since these take longer to cook.
And for short ribs if you're gonna cook this the way u cook pork ribs, it will give you a very tough, chewy piece of meat. So these need to be cooked in water over low heat for a very long time before putting them in the oven.
For the extra sauce if you want it to be sticky, just add 1/2 tsp of cornstarch and simmer for a minute.
Also check out these other quick, easy and delicious chicken recipes:
- 1/2 kilo Ribs
- 1 /2 tbsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 minced onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp spicy seasoning mix u like
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Place the ribs in a large pot, and fill with enough water, sprinkle salt and pepper and cook for about 10- 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the ribs, pour the soy sauce, sugar, onion, garlic, spicy seasoning mix, sesame seeds, rosemary leaves then mix thoroughly okay lastly add the olive oil and mix again.
- Note: Adjust sweetness or spiciness by adding more or less of either sugar or the spicy seasoning mix. And marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Get the baking sheet. Put wax paper and arrange these ribs on a baking sheet.
- Then roast for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- For the remainder of the sauce if you want it to be sticky like this, just add 1/2 tsp of cornstarch and simmer for a minute.
- Pour sauce then sprinkle chopped green onion and serve.
- This recipe is good for 2 people only. And if you are looking for another saucy and juicy meat recipe, check out my Brined Flavourful Chicken and Fish video.